Pakistan Railways has announced an Eid package with a 30% cut in rail fares, besides running 5 special trains to facilitate passengers on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
A spokesperson of Pakistan Railways said that 30% discount for passengers on Eid ul Fitr has been announced. Furthermore, all trains, irrespective of their class, can take advantage of the Eid fares on the second and third day of Eid as well.
The decision was made in the meeting headed by CEO Pakistan Railways Aftab Akbar.
The discounts will also be available on advance bookings.
Last year the government had announced a 33% cut in rail fare. However, the fare cut was only applicable on the first two days of Eid. To facilitate people, this time the discounts can also be availed for the second and third day of Eid ul Fitr.
Routes and Schedule of Eid Trains
Pakistan Railways will run five special trains from different cities on occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr across the country in a bid to extend maximum facilities to passengers so that they can spend the holidays with their near and dear ones.
The route plans of these special trains have been issued by Pakistan Railways. Special Eid trains will run from Karachi, Quetta, Rawalpindi and Multan while additional bogies will be attached with trains to accommodate the maximum number of passengers.
According to available details:
- the first Eid train will start their journey on 12th of this month from Karachi to Peshawar Cantt.
- the second train will travel from Quetta to Rawalpindi station on the same date as well,
- The third special train will start its journey on 13th of June from Karachi Cantt to Lahore,
- the fourth special train will start its journey on 14th of June from Rawalpindi to Multan Cantt.
- The fifth special train will start its journey on 19th of June from Multan Cantt to Rawalpindi.
As for the fares:
- The first special train (economy class) from Karachi to Malkwal will cost Rs 1480, and Rs 1860 from Karachi to Peshawar.
- The second special train from from Quetta to Rawalpindi will cost:
- Rs 1540 for economy class
- Rs 3550 for AC Standard
- Rs 4420 for and Business class.
- The third special train (economy class) from Karachi to Lahore will cost Rs 1430.
- The fourth special train (economy class) from Rawalpindi to Multan will cost Rs 980.
- The fifth special train (economy class) from Multan to Rawalpindi will cost Rs 980.
Fuel Price Expenditure
An official said that due to the rise in prices of fuel, the fares were not discounted as much as they were last year.
A sizable sum of Rs 13.375 billion has been allocated for fuel during the current fiscal year 2017-2018. This expenditure is beyond Pakistan Railways’ control as many upward revisions in the prices of fuel have taken place in the current financial year.
To meet the heavy rush during Eid, Railways would attach additional coaches to its trains.
The post Pakistan Railways to Offer 30% Off for Trips During Eid appeared first on .